BannerFans.com

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 29, 2010

A Tribute to a Peer




This is a little off my usual blog. I was one of the many women who was devastated when Princess Diana was killed. She was my age, born in the same year, we shared many of the same likes though we led very different lives. This weekend is the anniversary of her death. What I want to remember is all the good that she brought to the world.

She brought landmines into the media. Slowly it helped to bring about the removal of landmines from many countries. She shook hands and hugged AIDS patients. I think this was healing on many levels. It was beautiful. She helped people that we never knew about quietly and privately. She raised her boys to do the same.

I look back at that time and think of all the good she did and that the media only focused on her dress or hair. Its worse now. People care more about Reality TV then reality. They care about reality stars and not real people who are special and amazing.

George Clooney just won an award tonight for all the good work he did, and he deserves it but I doubt it will be the focus of the media or Twitter. It will be about his jokes or what he wore. Or the bit he did at the beginning of the show.

I learned from my parents to always give and to care about my fellow human beings. I learned from Diana the dangers of fame and how that can over whelm you and all the good that you can bring to a hurting world. I think when people are in such trouble we should re-learn how to care.


Next week I will be back to my writing and what is happening with it, but I felt compelled to say this.

Give to someone in need. It will make you feel better as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment