BannerFans.com

Search This Blog

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Know Your Creative Past







I have had some good reaction to my book signing. The manger at Barnes and Noble, I saw when I picked up my reimbursement said that I sold several copies since. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And that she had put some more on order. So from what she said I am doing very well:)






I am in the waiting mode again, I am in the midst of setting up stuff so I don't have a lot to report. I am working on my next book which I decided will be my children's story. I really like it. Its an adventure story with some Science Fiction thrown in. I am still in the beginning stages so it will take a while to finish it.






I read it and thought this is the one that touches my heart so this is the one I am going to go with next. It about a new girl who moves into a town and has to do that horror, go to a new school. I was that girl so many times that I know this poor child inside and out. People ask me why I get so anxious and worry all the time I can point straight at that. The new girl syndrome. Its a horror. No, it won't be a horror type story because I can't stand them, and I don't write what I can't stand.






I really just have been relaxing this weekend. Reading, writing, watching movies. I did some yoga and went swimming. I was going to do more but you know I really needed a relaxing three day so that's what I am going to do.






The other part of this blog is my new campaign, once a week I will introduce a creative person from our past that is amazing and wonderful. Someone who is famous who everyone else should know but the young people don't have a clue about.






I was relaxing by the pool today, I swam and then was looking through one of my magazines. I love to do it first thing in the morning when the pool isn't too crowded and it isn't too hot but warm enough. A girl was by me relaxing doing the same, she asked me what I was reading and we got to talking. We were discussing about actors and how they are being overwhelmed by reality TV. Then she asked me who my favorite actor was. I told her I didn't have one really but the one I really enjoy the most and never get tired of was Cary Grant.






She asked, who she was? She???? I explained Cary Grant was a wonderful actor and gorgeous male. Here is the kicker my friends, she said, well you were around when he was here that's why you know him.






Excuse me? I was 5 yrs old when he retired. I know people who were around long before Cary Grant was born, was I around it in the 1800's too?






So at the end of my post I will tell you about someone from our creative history. Education has to begin some where!









1 comment:

  1. OMG!!! ROFLMAO!!! You're younger than me, kiddo! *shakes head* There are soooo many great movies from the past and wonderful talents. Hepburn, Tracy, Jimmy Stewart, any movie with John Wayne and Maureen O'hara was a joy to watch, Gary Cooper, Bette Davis, I was so happy when SOMEBODY finally got a clue and cast Helen Hayes as Miss Marple. I'm sorry I love Angela Landsbury but she was totally miscast as Miss Marple. *shudders* One thing I love about NCIS is that first season Tony was clue free about old movies, then he became a classic movie geek.

    Yes! Please do educate our young people on the wonders of our history! Maybe they'll go out and rent one of those wonderful old movies like "Bringing Up Baby".

    Tailkinker45
    (aka) Lena

    ReplyDelete