BannerFans.com

Search This Blog

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Working on Novel Three and more...

I have been working hard on my new book today. I really do like this one. It is completely and utterly different then my first two novels. Its for a different audience and in a different style. I am enjoying this because I love a challenge.


I also started a page on face book for my novel. I went to the dentist and I was sitting in bed in pain playing with my lap top just looking at all the pages and I thought, "Why not?" So I started one for Fantasy Time Inc. Here is the link; http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Fantasy-Time-Inc./162131603803045?ref=mf


Check it out and tell me what you think:)


I have been trying to figure out how to get involved locally with a literacy group but there are so many organizations it's hard to figure out how to make the right choice. I have been doing my bit, giving novels to young people that I know can read but won't. I want to help those adults that can't read at all. The only thing is that most headquarters are not local and I have a full time job so I'm trying to figure out how to get involved here in Los Angeles. I know there are places here but to find one is very, very confusing. I will keep trying because I am passionate about it. If anyone is with a local group or knows who to contact please let me know.


I have a new addition to our Know Our Creative Past campaign. This time it's a group of people.

The name has been played with and they have had remakes of their movies but young people only know one person. Its the Rat Pack. The original group. With "The Oceans" series being so popular I was curious if they knew who they were.


The only one everyone knew, not surprising was Frank Sinatra. When I asked about the other famous member's I got; Tony Bennett( huh? Great Singer and I love him but the Rat Pack?) Liza Minnelli (way too young) One guy said Bing Crosby, (he was in the movie Robin and the Seven Hoods but no)


So for your education and edification, the Rat Pack consisted of, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr, Peter Lawford and Joey Bishop. It started at the Sands hotel as a lark for the famous friends and became an endearing and enduring tradition for their lifetime. Other people joined in as honorary members among them was Shirley Maclaine but those five will always be the one and only Rat Pack


No comments:

Post a Comment