BannerFans.com

Search This Blog

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Road Blocks

I know that life is full of road blocks but I seem to get more then my share. Other people may get things as gifts from heaven but I am not one of those people. For every goal I have made, I worked like a dog to get there. It is always the way, I know I am not alone but sometimes I feel that I am.

First road block this week is that I am having an issue with my publisher to show my book returnable status for Fantasy Time Inc. It is returnable but there is this long ugly process and I am terrified it will unravel all that I worked so hard to accomplish. I have worked up the chain and I am trying to fix the problem but the anxiety it is costing me is with out equal. Your book has to show as returnable or book stores will not have anything to do with you. That is why it is crucial that I get my publisher to fix this issue as soon as possible. Cross your fingers for me.

My second road block this week is really sad. If you remember a couple blogs ago I told you the plight of the libraries and that my arrangements were on hold till that was settled? Well the worst happened. The lady I was working with was let go and the man who is now in charge is brand new. It's not that he isn't interested, he was very nice, but the thing is that I have to start the process all over again. It means waiting another two or three weeks for something that was suppose to happen in August. It just really saddens me and make me wonder.

I am sitting here trying to come up with something positive to leave you with but the only thing I can think of is that I have started the second draft of my next novel and that I got an idea for another story. At least I am trying to be productive.

Till next week, (I hope I am teeming with good news)

Sherri

1 comment:

  1. Wow they don't make it easy to sell books do they. That is just crazy that you have to start the library part all over again. It seem like he should be able to just pick up where the other woman left off since you have most of the paper work filled out anyway. All I can say is just hang in there and good luck with it all. That is really great news about the second draft on your next novel. Good luck with that too.

    Take care
    Debbie Dee

    ReplyDelete