BannerFans.com

Search This Blog

Sunday, July 11, 2010

My Very First Book Signing!


Well as you can see by the title of this blog I achieved my first goal. I have set up my first book signing. Now I have to get my publisher to put the information on the Barnes and Noble site before the book signing or I am in huge trouble. I have sent them several emails and they keep promising but nothing is happening so I asked for a supervisor. I will call up the chain till I get what I need. You would think they would be more cooperative they are going to make more money from my book then I will.

So I am going to work my back end off till I get this accomplished. I am so excited! The other thing is I need to get people there. It is really important that it is successful. I have sent evite, facebook evite and tweets and called all my friends and family. It is only 4 weeks but I am going to work really hard to get this thing together.

Next I find I am responsible for getting the poster too. All these things that no one ever tells you. You have to get markers too. Wow! It just keeps coming. So I have my work cut for me. Thank goodness for credit cards.

On the minus side of things, the person I talked to at the library was one of the people who were let go. So I have to start all over again with a new person. I have no idea if this person knows anything and if he will be as enthusiastic but I really pray it works out. I have meeting with him on Monday night. Cross your fingers and toes!

The most important thing is my first signing is on Aug. 7th at Barnes and Noble in Calabasas. Yes, that is the same Calabasas that Kim Kardishian made famous. I was chatting to one of the sales people at the store and he basically said that the Kardiashian's put Calabasas and The Commons on the map. That when TMZ mentions it, they just say the Commons not where it is or even the state. The power of Celebrity.

Till next time,

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment