BannerFans.com

Search This Blog

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Something Troubling And Something Good

Today's blog is going to take a tiny departure from my earlier blogs. I am going to rant a bit about customer service. Since I work in the field I am the first to defend that there are a lot customer service reps out there that are great. This blog is not about all reps just the people out there that give the rest of us a bad name.

As I said I am a Customer Service Rep and the people I have helped know that I will go to last mile to help them as much as I can with-in the perimeters of my job. I will not lie to them. I will tell them how it is and I will tell them exactly the next step to fix any given situation.

This weekend I ran into Customer Service Reps who are just the reverse. I will not name the field but I can tell you it is something that we all deal with. I was just trying to help my Mom out on an issue. I was professional and courteous though I was upset my voice never raised and I never blamed the rep or used foul language. As a rep myself, I know better.

I have to tell you that I was hung up on, transferred and lied to. I wasted almost a whole day speaking to leads and supervisors as well as managers who made promises and never came through. It is an embarrassment to me as someone in the profession that people would do that. So called professionals who have risen to the rank of supervisor or manager and they still tell you bold face lies.

I was promised that someone would see this issue to the end, my Mom told me all he did was blame the equipment and hightailed it out of my Mom's place faster then Superman. This was the expert the manager had promised me, he was suppose to make sure that my Mom was satisfied and fix the situation on the spot. This was the high level technical expert who ran for the hills as soon as he gave a slight check around her place. Then when my Mom called the Manager he didn't even give a damn, just said he would pull the equipment and give her discounts for next time.

Discounts? For what? How about service? How about keeping your promises instead of blaming my Mom? How about follow through? As you can see I am really angry about this and I will go through the proper steps with my Mom to complain.

My question is this? How do they sleep at night? Do they have a conscience?
Don't they have a Mother who they care about? Don't they have an ounce of empathy?


It just disgusts me.

Ok, on to the writing news. I may have a contact for a book signing. One of my friends at work went to order my book, and he told me about someone who may help. I went in and spoke to them and we may have meeting coming up if the big boss ok's it. I will let you know.

Till next time,

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment