BannerFans.com

Search This Blog

Friday, August 3, 2012

Being Open to Learn New Things




The last time I took a class about screenwriting was back in college and I was really nervous because it was at UCLA, where so many great film makers came from. I really enjoyed it but at the time I felt it was not for me. There were so many rules I didn't think I really could do it.

Now thirty years later, I have changed my mind. I am working on my first screenplay. And after all these years I have started to take classes on line. I also took a couple of telephone classes. Either I am smarter or more experienced but I think I can handle them now, at least I hope so. I have started on the screenplay and I am doing the research as well as taking all these new classes. It is really cool that you can do this on line and do it at your own pace, it is very different then when I was younger. We have access to so much knowledge, so much is at our fingertips. You have to be selective but when you find the right information, Wow!


The site Author's Promoting Authors is a great site that helps writer promote their books both on their site and Facebook. Here is my promotion; http://authorspromotingauthors.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/book-feature-fantasy-time-inc-sherri.htmli.html. Check it out and contact them to promote your books, it is a free service and it gets a great response.

I love the Goodreads site, you get to know about books you wouldn't know about with out them. They have wonderful giveaways like they had with my novel Fantasy Time Inc. I have put my name in to win a few giveaways myself, I won my first one called Hiss and Hers: An Agatha Raisin Mystery, please read my review here; http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/351480205 . You also can review any books that your reading not just the giveaways. Here is my review of Judi Dench's new book;
http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/358108973 .

Here is my latest interview with author B. C Brown about her writing;

B.C. Brown was born with six fingers on each hand endowing her with super powers, thus enabling her to fight crime. When a freak Cuisinart accident severed the additional digits and her powers, B.C. was forced to fall back on her secondary talent -writing. Now she lives between the pages of a book - whether she has written it or not. Since she has not found
the surgeon to restore her fingers and powers, she has published three novels to
date and contributed to one anthology. She enjoys writing mystery, paranormal
romance, science fiction and fantasy but is always in the mood for a challenge
to branch out. You can follow her crime fighting or writing at her blog http://www.bcbrownbooks.blogspot.com/ or Amazon Author page www.amazon.com/author/bcbrown
.



1. What was the first book you remember loving? Do you still own it?

Stephen King's Carrie. I was approximately 11 when I read this book and, while I'd read many before, it had a profound effect on me. So much so that when "Come to School As Your Favorite Book Character" Day came around at school, I dressed as Carrie - prom gown covered in blood and all! lol And, yes, I still own a copy. Just not the same one since I've read it so
often.

2. What kind of books do you like to read? Do those books have an affect on your own writing?

Depending on what I'm writing at the time is what I try to stick to reading. When my fantasy novel, Sister Light, Book One: Of Shadows, came out under my pen name, I read fantasy
exclusively. When I began work on A Touch of Darkness and A Touch of
Madness, I began reading paranormal mysteries and police procedural novels.
For me, it's a way to keep me in touch with the world I'm trying to
create.

3. Do you remember what is the first book that touched you deeply?

I connect to them all in one way or another. But the first one to
truly touch my heart? That actually didn't happen until very recently (well,
within the last several years). I wept for multiple characters in this
book/series, and I still do as the series is continuing still to this day - A
Game of Thrones, A Song of Ice and Fire Series.

4. Is there an era of writing that affects you? 1920, 1800’s so forth?

I thoroughly enjoy Victorian-based novels and also those set in the roaring 20's. But I'll never
discriminate against a novel because of it's setting. I'm willing to give everything a chance.

5. Where do you like to write? Is there a favorite nook or corner?

I prefer to write on my couch with a blanket over my legs and my
dog sleeping beside me. But a lot of my writing gets done at my "day" job.
Sadly, very little of it gets accomplished at the beautiful, little writing desk
my significant other bought for me.

6. Do you prefer one genre to another?

Reading, I prefer mysteries, paranormal (no vamps or shifters, please), and sci-fi/fantasy
(more fantasy, less sci-fi). Writing, I tend to stick within the same. However,
I don't write sci-fi, and occasionally branch out into the romance genre as
well. Although those stories have not been published to date.

7. Do you like the feel of a book in your hands or do prefer an electronic
devises?

Both. If home, I love to curl up with a real paper book (especially if I'm relaxing in a hot bath with a glass of wine, for instance). But, when on the go (which is most of my life, let me tell you), I'm glad for the convenience of portability that electronic format offers. My house,
as well, with its limited space is grateful for the lack of paperback books.

8. Can you tell us about what your working on now?

My next project is a spin-off from the world in my last two paranormal mysteries, A Touch of Darkness and A Touch of Madness. It shares the same world Abbey does but has a whole new female lead named Jillian Dewitt. And she has a problem. After a freak accident, Jillian can
manipulate the dead, bringing Brittany James, a chatty spook, to her door.
Trouble in the spiritual world is affecting ghosts of the world, and Brittany
needs Jillian to hunt down a potentially deadly ghost who seems to be behind it.
In over her head, Jillian finds herself in a world of voodoo ritual, body
disinterment, and power-hungry poltergeists.


Thank you for letting us to get you know you a bit better :)

Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment