BannerFans.com

Search This Blog

Friday, August 17, 2012

Chatting With Sherri


It is so exciting to try new things. As I told you last time I am trying my hand at new types of writing. Now I am taking it a step further out of my comfort zone...I am working on Blogtalkradio and doing my own show called Chatting With Sherri.
It will be an interview show with creative people about being creative. It is the most exciting thing because I will be able to chat with people in an easy and comfortable way about the creative arts. I am so into following my creative passions, it will be very exciting to talk to other people about their passions. So on Sept 4Th please check out my first show, here is the link; http://www.blogtalkradio.com/rithebard .

I went to an event at the Hotel del Coronado and I still love that historic hotel. I took a lot of pics so I decided to do a travel blog about it. http://adviseontravel.blogspot.com/2012/07/my-favorite-historic-hotel-in-san-diego.html I think you will see how beautiful it is. If you have ever been there please tell me about your experience. Did you meet Monroe's ghost?

My Kitty Xena has been at my computer again and wrote another blog. Let her know what you think; http://akittysview.blogspot.com/2012/07/a-kittys-week-of-visitors.html .


I would like to introduce the latest of my interview exchange program for this blog. Here is Tracy Kauffman;


 
What was the first book you remember loving? Do you still own it?
I love reading Adventures of Tom Sawyer. I loved reading about a young boy that was mischievous and seemed a lot like me growing up. You'll have to read my book, Southern Adventures when it comes out. No, I don't still have a copy, but I'm sure I can find it on Amazon.

What kind of books do you like to read? Do those books have an affect on your own writing?
I love reading adventure type books still, like African Ice by Jeff Buick.

Do you remember what is the first book that touched you deeply?
The first book that I ever remember touching me deeply was the Bible. There are so many people, time frames, parables, the creation of the earth, life lessons, symbolism and of
course God is in it.

Is there an era of writing that affects you? 1920, 1800’s so forth?
I love reading things about the middle ages. I have written a young adult/teen book called:
My Boyfriend the Squire, which is based on the medieval period.

Where do you like to write? Is there a favorite nook or corner?
So far, I am using my son's old room. I love to be able to type the book out, because it is so much easier to delete and rewrite anything.

Do you prefer one genre to another?
I like fiction fantasy, but enjoy romance stories as well.

Do you like the feel of a book in your hands or do prefer an electronic devises?
I really like the feel of a book in my hands, the new smell, the way a real book lights up a child's eyes and they smile.

Can you tell us about what your working on now?
My book, Gwendolyn's Wish is a children's fiction fantasy book about a girl who receives a magical parrot that can grant wishes. That is not the best part of the book, though. The best part is what she wishes for and what she realizes. It has a lot of good principles in it and it was inspired by a dream I had. Truly a different exciting book that I know everyone will love.
Thank you for a great Interview Tracy, Loved it!!!
Here is her interview with me about Fantasy Time Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment