BannerFans.com

Search This Blog

Sunday, July 1, 2012

New Interview and Thoughts about Writing




The passing of Nora Ephron who inspired me to write this blog helped me to decide to write something about writing for fellow writers. Here is the little piece of my own thoughts about finding the time to write; We live in a wild and busy time. Everyone has several fires to put out everyday. When you’re a creative person but you live in the world it is really hard to find the time to write. You have manyimportant things and many priorities. So how do you find the time to work on your writing?

For me, it starts when I am the most creative. So I break it down, I write
the first draft in the morning when my juices really flow. I type all other
drafts when I can fit them in. I usually like to do it in the evening before I
start dinner. Those are my two quiet times.

I would suggest that you break it down. First, what days do I have some "me
time"? Do I have to get up early? Do I need to stay up late? Do I need to hide
in the bathroom? Laugh if you like, but I have done that. I would take a pad and
pen with me into the bathroom and try to write as much as I could. I used to
steal time on my break, at lunch, when ever I could.

I know you love to write. I know that it's your passion. The people in your
life that love and support you want you to write too. Talk to them. When you get
up early or stay up late ask to have a little privacy. There are always times
when you won’t be able to do it. That’s life, but you should be on your list of
things to do. Don’t knock yourself off. Write.
I hope that was a bit helpful :) I wrote my own tribute to Nora on my movie blog both about my admiration for her and how she inspired me to write this blog; http://rismovieblog.blogspot.com/2012/06/farewell-to-nora-ephron.htmlsmovieblog.blogspot.com/2012/06/farewell-to-nora-ephron.html




My new issue of Sherri's Jewel Box is out. Its a summer issue with a couple of cute new things that might perk your interest; https://sites.google.com/site/sherrisjewelbox/home/cover-page .
.



~And now another great new interview for my new feature trading interviews with my fellow authors. Please welcome Tessa Stokes;
What was the first book you remember loving? Do you still own it?

I no longer have it but it was a book of fairy tales, including the Arabian nights stories. It was huge and had lovely illustrations.

What kind of books do you like to read? Do those books have an affect on your own writing?

Books I read do not usually have an effect on my writing except occasionally to make me lift my game LOL I read many different genres. I think I read mostly, Science Fiction, Detective series, Paranormal Romance, Fantasy, Contemporary fiction that perhaps you could say was literary fiction, Historical and Contemporary romance.

Do you remember what is the first book that touched you deeply?

It was Thomas Hardy's  Jude the Obscure.

. Is there an era of writing that affects you? 1920, 1800’s so forth?

Not an era really, single books across all kinds of eras stay in my mind. F. Scott Fitzgerald, Thomas Hardy, Dickens, William Gibson, Phillip K. Dick. Naturally some Shakespeare stays with me, and I really enjoy seeing the plays with modern takes now.

Where do you like to write? Is there a favorite nook or corner?

I generally write in a room which has this massive window where I can see the forest and rural fields over the road. It’s very inspirational and changes with the seasons. Sometimes the farmer is out there working in the night with his machinery lit up like a UFO. There are hares, deer, pheasants, all kinds of other birds depending on the time of year.

Do you prefer one genre to another?

As an author I write genre blends. Romance/urban fantasy, Paranormal romance, Contemporary romance with a twist of some kind.

Do you like the feel of a book in your hands or do prefer an electronic devises?

I used adore books in my hand, browsing in bookshops was such a pleasure, but because I have moved so much in my life it became a burden to cart them around. Now I am addicted to my E-reader. I use an iPad right now and it’s so good to have heaps of books on my kindle application without the weight.

Can you tell us about what your working on now?

Bartholomew Pike’s Spell Book: Book Six of The Seven Spell Saga’
Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy (It’s going to be released at the end of June.)
Blurb:
The three friends and lovers find themselves embroiled in yet another adventure, this time indirectly caused by the time travel portal on the Dearing estate.
Tristan and Oliver are both in love with Chloe, and she reciprocates. It seems that just when the days of lovers’ jealousies are over a new twist is added to the love triangle.
A young woman seeking out Tristan for help arrives on the Dearing estate; her message is about the young knight Gaston. Gaston is in trouble, held captive, and being tortured. From her accent Oliver and Chloe think she is from another country, little so they know she is from another world.
Magic has always followed Tristan Dearing around, his love Chloe has caught the habit, and now so has the lovely Oliver Tarrant.
In the attic of Tristan’s reacquired house in the White Witch woods they find a cache of antiques.
Already the trio has found their special abilities evolving, and now Oliver, with his affinity with technology suddenly finds himself with as much magic surrounding him as Tristan.
In this enchanting continuation of the saga the romance between the characters takes new turns. They find new directions for their lives, which have been so changed over the last three years by their meeting. They settle down to use the special abilities they have received from their blood bond with the enigmatic, immortal knight Tristan Dearing.
***
I am also working on;
Book seven in The Seven Spell Saga, and Book three in The Ruthin trilogy, plus there is another ‘standalone’ I have noted because I really enjoyed writing Stone Kisses and I think once the saga and the trilogy are finished ‘standalones’ will be the way I go for a time.

People can reach me online?
http://the-ruthin-trilogy.blogspot.com/
http://tess-three-in-the-morning.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Ruthin-Trilogy/160213177399394
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Seven-Spell-saga/138580806204048
https://twitter.com/%20/%20!/seventhspell
http://www.tessastokes.info/
My books are available at,
Thank you Tessa what a great interview!
Please don't forget to check out my giveaway on Goodreads!!! http://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/show/27034-fantasy-time-inc
Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment