BannerFans.com

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 7, 2012

It Was An Honor To Be Nominated...

Well all good things must come to an end and sadly I didn't make the finalists for the Global E-Book Awards. Sad, huh? I think about what people at the awards show do with a frozen smile and clapping for the winner. So I guess I will have to just man up with a stiff upper lip and say, "It was an honor just to be nominated."

I got an interesting offer from bloggerdise to do a banner about my book. It is a way to attract other bloggers, I thought it was very interesting. Here is my banner; http://www.bloggerdise.com/offer/?offer_id=4231 .

I had a lovely interview with Southern Girl I think I gave a bit of a short shift last week, so here the interview again; http://tracykauffman.blogspot.com/2012/06/interview-with-sherri-rabinowitz-author.htmlbinowitz-author.html .

I also want to remind everyone that there is just a two days to win a free signed copy of Fantasy Time Inc. So go to Goodreads and sign up; http://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/show/27034-fantasy-time-incfantasy-time-incfantasy-time-inc, hurry!

I love this new feature of author exchange,don't you? I think it is fun to hear all about these wonderful writers. My guest today is J. Naomi Ay...

What was the first book you remember loving? Do you still own it?


I read Gone with the Wind in 7th grade. It took me 2 days. I didn’t eat or sleep. I didn’t go to school but faked a fever instead. Yep, I had a fever alright for Rhett Butler.

What kind of books do you like to read? Do those books have an affect on your own writing?


I go through phases. For a while there I would only read historical fiction. I loved the Plantagenets and still feel Richard III was unfairly demonized throughout history. Sometimes I’m only in the mood for light beach books (usually summer when I am at the beach) and other times I’m ready for some assassin type stuff. I love Harry Bosch too by the way. Does it affect my own writing? I write fantasy so other than the tall dark handsome smart sexy male lead, probably not.

Do you remember what is the first book that touched you deeply?

It’s a toss up between Old Yeller and Where the Red Ferns Grows. I sobbed my way through them. You did ask for the first book.

Is there an era of writing that affects you? 1920's, 1800’s so forth?
Well, the cool thing about my books is I have so many different characters speaking in so many different voices that I can bring them in from all sorts of eras. For instance, some of the characters are “Royals” and speak in very classical voices whereas others are very modern and every other word (well not every other word) is “dude”.


Where do you like to write? Is there a favorite nook or corner?

Sitting on my bed with my laptop on my lap in the evening.

Do you prefer one genre to another?

I absolutely prefer fantasy with paranormal elements. I’m not into werewolves or vampires though but I am having tremendous fun making up whole new worlds where everything happens just the way I want it to.

Do you like the feel of a book in your hands or do prefer an electronic devises?

I love love love love my iPad. I love carrying a whole library with me where ever I go. I love being able to sit in the “Not so Jiffy Car Lube Place” and find out I now have a 90 minute wait and being able to download a new book to read.

Can you tell us about what your working on now?

I am working on the prequel to my series The Two Moons of Rehnor. The prequel series is going to be called Journey to Rehnor and I’m almost done with Book 1 in it. I was going to make it fairly short but right now I’m pushing 50k words so it looks like it’ll be another full length novel. I hope to have this one done within in the next few weeks and hopefully out in e-book sometime in July. The last and final installment in my series The Two Moons of Rehnor is just about ready to go. Hopefully, I’ll be releasing that mid to late June in e-book, July in paperback. All my books are on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, released through Smashwords to everyone else and paperback too.
Here’s the link to J. Naomi Ay trailer ;http://youtu.be/nc6aqOy2nvI
Here are the links for her wonderful books;
For my very funny interview please check out this link;
Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment