BannerFans.com

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sherri's Jewel Box Came!



I would like to thank everyone for the great response to my new magazine; Sherri's Jewel Box. I have had a lot of hits and great comments. I am so grateful, thank you to everyone. I also would like to promise you a great new issue coming out in September! It will be bigger, full of great interviews and beautiful pieces. I can't wait till everyone sees it!










Here is a new picture from my Paws for Troops signing, yes I did sign someones book it was not just me sitting there smiling. I did enjoy the event and the best part was they made they're goal so all those soldiers and puppies and kittens will get together and party:)













































I am very excited about my new event that I will be a part of, it is a Webinar called, "A Live Reading." I will read a selection from Fantasy Time Inc. It will be at the end of this month, and its free:) All you have to do is call in and listen. There will be four authors that will be doing readings and I am really excited to be a part of such a fun event! Stay tuned for date and time.










For my interview I'd like everyone to welcome Cindy Cromer
and her book Desperate Measures!







What was the first book you remember loving? Do you still own it?









This is a very hard question since as long as I can remember I have loved to read. The Nancy Drew mystery series stands out from my childhood. When I was in elementary school I'd rather read the next Nancy Drew book than play during recess. Unfortunately, I don't have any of those books but I wish I did.













What kind of books do you like to read? Do those books have an affect on your own writing?








I enjoy mystery suspense and also books mingled with some science or medical drama. Books of this theme have definitely affected my writing. I earned my Bachelor of Science degrees in Chemistry and Biology and became the president of a laboratory network. My scientific and executive experience has helped me to create the main character of Desperate Measures, Caitlin Martel, and have thrust her into a suspenseful plot of family secrets and an unknown enemy.












Do you remember what is the first that touched you deeply?









Another tough question since I have read so many books but I'd have to say Suzanne's Diary to Nicholas by James Patterson. This was the first book I read outside of Patterson's Alex Cross books and truly revealed the authors talent, diversity, and brilliant story telling with an unexpected ending. I have to admit, I cried my eyes out at the ending. There is also another book I'd like to mention at this point, "The Perfect Husband" by Lisa Gardner. She is a master of the craft of twists and turns which keeps the reader guessing. In writing Desperate Measures, I strived to achieve what Lisa Gardner has in her books.








From the reviews that I have received, it appears I have so far accomplished this goal. Here is one review I'd like to share with you. For further reviews visit my publishers website, http://etreasurespublishing.com/ . Desperate Measures is listed under Top Sellers.








1. Posted by Cher green on 8th May 2011



2. Cindy Cromer debuts with a real page turner. Just when you think you've figured it all out, a new twist appears and sends you in another direction. Keep guessing, but you'll never guess who the villain is.







Is there an era of writing that affects you? 1920's, 1800's and so forth?








I enjoy novels written in the present but there is another book that stands out that I won't forget, "A Land Remembered" by Patrick Smith. Excellent novel and one I wouldn't normally choose. The author takes the reader on a journey from the 1800's to 1960 in Florida and dramatically describes the development of Florida to what is today. My so had to read this book, the child's version, in fourth grade and I couldn't wait until he came home from school so that we could discuss the Maclvey's adventure and heartache through the swamps of Florida.













Where do you like to write? Is there a favorite nook or corner?








Anyplace where it is quiet with no interruptions. I have my small office set up and block out the world when I write. Sometimes I pace the house and pool area when I am struggling with a scene. At this point I not only talk to myself but answer myself until I have the scene worked out. My family looks at me like I'm crazy but for the most part they have gotten used to it.












Do you prefer one genre' to another?







My preferences are mystery, suspense, and medical thrillers. Science Fiction usually doesn't capture my interest.









Do you like the feel of a book in your hands or do prefer an electronic devises?








Well, since Desperate Measures was released in e-format until 100 books sell, I should say electronic device but I will be honest. I like the physical book in my hands to flip pages and dog ear each stopping point.








Can you tell us about what your working on now?








I am currently putting the finishing touches and edits to my second book, Desperate Deceptions. It could be considered a sequel, but I have written it as a stand-alone and the reader won't be lost if they haven't read Desperate Measures. Of course, my goal is propel the sales of my first and make the reader want to read both. I have a third and fourth book in a rough draft format, and are completely different from the first two. They are mysteries, but totally different characters and plots. Once I finish those two I would like to get back to a few characters I created in Desperate Measures, especially Tomas. I created him as a minor role to provide a bit of comic relief to the reader, but he took on a life of his own and I want to create his own story line. Barry Solerno also needs to be the main focus of a book. I have no idea where I came up with him, but he became my favorite character.








Thank you for this opportunity to answer these questions. Please visit my website http://www.cindyhuefnercromer.com./.




















Thank you Cindy for such a great interview, I think we will all enjoy to read your new book:)








Please check out my books at; http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Fantasy-Time-Inc/Sherri-Rabinowitz/e/9781432758110?r=1 or http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Murder-Inc/Ri/e/9781598002829?r=1 .








please read my magazine at; https://sites.google.com/site/sherrisjewelbox/ .











Till next time:)





































































































































































































































































































































1 comment:

  1. Cindy,

    Wonderful interview. I agree, a paper book is something that will never be replaced. I don't care what the industry says. :) I guess sooner or later we may have to make the switch or pay very high prices for our reading material, but until then I totally prefer the feel of a Real book.

    Good luck with your sequel and further writings.

    Cher Green

    ReplyDelete