BannerFans.com

Search This Blog

Friday, August 31, 2012

Here comes Chatting With Sherri!

I am so excited about my first broadcast of my new show Chatting with Sherri. I am also nervous, I have been interviewed on the radio and I have done a lot of interviews between my magazine and this blog, but on air is a different kettle of fish.

My first guest will be writer Gabriel Beyers who will be chatting about his new book Predatory Animals. We had our test yesterday and it worked out perfectly so I am very optimistic about our broadcast. Just follow the page and you will get a reminder on the day before and the day of the broadcast, here is the link; http://www.blogtalkradio.com/rithebard .


Here is a great interview about my novel Fantasy Time Inc. from my last guest Erin Zarro; http://erinkendall.wordpress.com/2012/08/24/interview-sherri-rabinowitz/ . Please check out this fun interview.

Also if your in the San Diego area please join me for my class Writing Fanfiction for Fun and Profit; http://www.learningannexlocal.com/courses/Writing-Fanfiction-for-Fun-and-Profit just press the I'm interested button and you will be able to keep up with all the information on the class.




Please join me in welcoming our guest writer Greg Kuhn;

What was the first book you remember loving? Do you still own it?
The Jungle by Upton Sinclair. I couldn't put it down in high school; I was compelled by the immigrant's struggles, the inhumane living conditions, and the horrendous work environment in the meat packing industry. I still own it, but haven't read it in a long while.

What kind of books do you like to read? Do those books have an affect on your own writing?
I enjoy books that explore the mind/body connection - I'm reading Evolve Your Brain: The Science of Changing Your Mind by Joe Dispenza right now. My new book, although in the weight-loss genre, is really a mind/body self-help book. I also enjoy Deepak Chopra and his books definitely influence my writing; I read things that Dr. Chopra writes about and he
motivates me to go do research on topics that I want to write about and include in my books.

Do you remember what is the first book that touched you deeply?
Dr. Wayne Dyer's book, You'll See It When You Believe It, during a time of personal crisis and was helped immensely by his guidance. I read that book twice.

Is there an era of writing that affects you? 1920, 1800’s so forth?
I am especially affected by writers who have sprung up at the end of the 20th Century through
today who cover the same topic I do: the new paradigms which quantum physics is giving us. Our paradigms are the reason we do the things we do and, previously, our paradigms had all been based on the old science of the first scientific revolution. Because quantum physics is so much more precise and reliable than the old science, the paradigms we create from it offer us an amazing array of new possibilities for successful living. Losing unwanted weight is but one of
those.

Where do you like to write? Is there a favorite nook or corner?
My office is adjacent to our bedroom and has a large window overlooking our backyard. Even though we don't live in the country, I can sometimes see deer and hawks from that window. I love to be here and write on my large oak desk. This is a quiet, private spot, yet not isolated from my family since my wife is often in the next room and my sons are usually just down
the hall.

Do you prefer one genre to another?
I prefer non-fiction and self-help in particular. I've been writing self-help with my father, Clifford Kuhn, M.D. (aka The Laugh Doctor) since 1995. And, to escape, I also enjoy
reading zombie novels. I'm pretty sure those are fictional stories.

Do you like the feel of a book in your hands or do prefer an electronic devises?
A year ago I would've told you that a book in my hand is where it's at. But I was given an iPad for my birthday and that changed everything. I love reading on my iPad and, with the Kindle app, I can read just about any format on it. I love having hundreds of books on that small device; I feel like a walking library.

Can you tell us about what your working on now?
I'm starting my next book in my Why Quantum Physicists...series. This one is for teachers. But I'm also spending a great deal of time with promoting Why Quantum Physicists Don't Get Fat, which is great fun because I'm so proud of it. I'll slowly morph into more writing than promoting, but right now I'm doing a lot of talking about the current book.
Author Greg Kuhn is a professional educator and a futurist, specializing in framing new
paradigms for 21st Century living. For the last fifteen years, he has written
primarily with his father, Dr. Clifford Kuhn, M.D., about health, wellness, and
productivity.

Greg Kuhn lives in Louisville, KY with a wonderful wife and four fantastic sons (one by marriage) whom he couldn't have published this book without; you can read more at http://whyquantumphysicists.wordpress.com/ and http://www.squidoo.com/why-quantum-physicists-dont-get-fat.
Here is the Amazon link to my book:
http://www.amazon.com/Why-Quantum-Physicists-Dont-ebook/dp/B008I3CURM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1341779750&sr=8-2&keywords=why+quantum+physicists
Thanks Greg, for a fun interview, your book sounds interesting and different,
Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment